|IllusionGames at Wikia [
all characters are at least 18
Real Kanojo [ ]
If you have problems installing or running the game, this is what you should read.
Q: I have one problem, when I click on the bubbles near the girl, It freeze and I can see problem: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library. Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application´s support team for more information... Can anybody help me please? my e-mail is email@example.com ... thx
- Q: WinRAR can't extract "(18禁ゲーム)[ILLUSION]リアル彼女 (iso+mds+rr).rar". Help?
- A: Rename it to e.g. "rgf.rar" and it will work.
- Q: I can't mount it in Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Nero etc...?
- A: Rename "リアル彼女.iso" to e.g. "rgf.iso" and it will work.
- Q: I get an error with unreadable text preceded by "1155:" (see screenshot on the right). Anyone know how to fix this?
- A: You must run the setup with Japanese regional settings. Read Installing the Game below.
- A: Or, if you're running Windows 7, simply launch the ILLUSION リアル彼女.msi on the install d
- A: Or, copy the content of the mounted iso to your HD, rename ILLUSION リアル彼女.msi to e.g. rgf.msi, right click on it and choose install (this will work on XP and vista as well, without any support for japanese on the system)
- Q: I still get an error popup when i try to install after changing to a custom directory destination.
- A: Try to replace the contents of 0x411.ini with these contents. This is a google-translated version of the original contents.
- Q:When I am trying to run the Startup.exe, i always get an error message "DSETUP.dll", what should I do?
- A: This means a '.dll' file is missing. You can fix this one by going to this link: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?dsetup . Download the file, and read the readme for further instructions.
Running the Game Edit
Q: I have one problem, when I click on the bubbles near the girl, It freeze and I can see problem: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library. Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application´s support team for more information... Can anybody help me please?
- Q:when i start the game and when i go to pick a girl i get a black box in the bottom left of the screen i have tried to reinstall the game and change were it was installed but i have no change if there is any way to fix please answer thanks
- A: answer here
- Q: When I start the game and pick a girl, the game crash with a C++ error. Is there any way to fix that ?
A: This particular problem is only on XP, not on Vista/7 (see below for a similar problem on Vista/7). The cause for this error is that the game is unable to read the Japanese ＭＳゴシック font (MS Gothic). You can fix it by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable and by changing your regional setting into Japanese from the control panel and run the game.
- TIP: AppLocale will not work (on XP), but you can use NTLEA to emulate a Japanese environment system. See this excellent guide on how to use it with this game.
- Q: I'm on Windows/7 with updated graphic cards and everything and the game works fine up until the sex scenes where im unable to penatrate. Any ideas? thanks
- Q:I'm on Vista/7 and the game seems to work, but I get a C++ error when I click a speech bubble in the game. Help!?
A: This has been reported to be related to version 1.0B of the English launcher by TheShadow. Try using version 1.0A instead or use the original launcher with Japanese regional settings (you can use AppLocale) and the dvd mounted.
- You have to change locale - running non unicode games language to japanesse
- Q: Every time I try to start the game I get "Error Incorrupt" "Unable to find configuration file, wrong registry". Anyone know how to fix this?
A: Use TheShadow's Registry Fixer, or reinstall the game. When you re-install, change the location during the setup to e.g. "C:\illusion\RGF". See Installing the Game below.
- Q: I am getting following error when I start the game (see Screenshot titled "Cannot start the game").
A: You probably are trying to run the game without Administrator privileges, and have UAC turned on (Vista/7). There are many options already explained in this page.
- Q: The game starts fine, but the game freezes at the main menu and I can't do anything, what can I do ?
A: Try editing "<your RGF install folder>\config.ini" and change the line WEBCAM_USE=1 to WEBCAM_USE=0.
- Q: The game starts fine, but neither the keyboard or mouse works
- A: Any solution here???
- Q: When i try to run the game, i get "The program cannot start because the d3dx9.24.dll is missing on my computer", what can i do ?
A: That means that your DirectX is not up-to-date. Fix it by downloading and run the DirectX 9 End-User Runtime.
- Q: The game runs, but the girl has no body and no hair? I can only see the girls face floating around! Please help!?
A: Update your video (graphics) drivers. Find updated drivers at the Nvidia, ATi, or Intel homepage (depends on your particular hardware).
- Q: I can see lots of screen tearing. Is there any option for forcing VSync?
A: Unfortunately, the game does not provide the forcing VSync option. If you cannot get rid of the tearing by lowering the graphic quality settings, you can also check if your graphics card manufacturer provides an override for the forcing VSync option. NVidia provides it via the NVidia Control Panel, ATI probably through its Catalyst software (somebody should check this). Intel might not provide this override (somebody should check this). You should always try to get the latest (and greatest) graphics card drivers.
- Q: i try to run the game but the moment i click start game a box pops up saying completely random things like ,Ze",A,I,,,,cU and so on the title of the box is fGf%..[
- Q: I run the game well but how come after the character introduce d game starts lag ==
Patching the Game Edit
- Q: When I run the Real Girlfriend HF Patch it tells me the game is not installed? Anyone know how to fix this?
A: Reinstall the game. The game must be installed to a location with only English letters, e.g. "C:\illusion\RGF". See Installing the Game below.
TIP: You can also try using TheShadow's RegFixer to fix the game after you installed it. The RegFixer allows you to change the install location without reinstalling the game and it will update the registry.
- Q: Does the game support nvidia 3D vision?
Special/ Bonus/ Botou/ Botsu Edit
- Q: I can't install it. It fails when I try to mount it in Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Nero etc...?
A: Rename "裏リアル彼女.bin" to "rgf.bin" and "裏リアル彼女.cue" to "rgf.cue", then edit "rgf.cue" with Notepad and replace "???.bin" with "rgf.bin".
- Q: Where should I install it, just to the RG folder?
A: NO! Install it to a different folder, like "C:\illusion\RGFspecial".
Uninstalling the game Edit
- Q: I can't uninstall, please help!!
A: If you can't uninstall the game through the control panel, you could try Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to clear installation info about the game. Note that you may not be able to see the proper name of the application in the list, you will only see something like: "ILLUSION ?????? [1.00.0000]", which could be a problem if you have several Illusion games installed... Using the utility will only remove Windows Installer info - it will not remove the game itself and you have to delete the folder manually. After you removed the game with this utility you will be able to reinstall the game. WARNING: Use this utility entirely on your own risk. You could potentially destroy other installed applications and you are completely on your own from here.
- A2: If you had installed properly, when you install again it'll let you choose to Install New or Repair or Uninstall. Uninstall is the one with Recycle Bin icon. I had uninstalled Main game and Memorial completely in that way but Special is different, I deleted it manually and used Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to clear infomation like the first answer. (run MSI file instead of EXE file) [edit this answer if something wrong]
- Here is a much helpful way to unnistall the game. go to you SETUP, right click ILLUSION.msi click uninstall
Installing the GameEdit
This is a Japanese game and is not meant to run on non-Japanese Windows. To get it to work you have to do some tricks. You can either set Windows to Japanese or you can use Microsoft AppLocale instead (preferred).
Read this section to learn how to install and run the game.To install the game do the following steps:
- If your Windows is not set to Japanese, you should install Microsoft AppLocale (as described below) and then right-click StartUp.exe on the (virtual) dvd and select Locale Japanese to start the setup (just answer OK to the warning about AppLocale being a temporary solution).
- IMPORTANT: You must change install location during the setup of the game (second screen in the setup, see screenshot) to e.g. "C:\illusion\RGF". Never install the game to the default folder because you will not be able to run and/or patch the game.
Note: Don't use non-English letters. For example, a guy installed the game to a folder with the letter 'Ä', but the game interprets this as the letter 'A', and will not run. So you must only use the letters a-z, A-Z, 0-9.
- When you have changed the location, just click the (N) button a few times and let the setup finish.
When the game setup is complete you can play the game with Japanese regional settings. Or, if you use AppLocale, by right-clicking and selecting Locale Japanese.
Next Step Edit
- When you have the game up and running you could consider running an English patch, such as the Real Girlfriend HF Patch.
- Play the game and have fun!
AppLocale allows you to run an application with Japanese regional settings without having to reboot. It is preferable to to switching Windows regional settings to Japanese for many reasons.
How to use AppLocaleEdit
Download AppLocale from Microsoft and install it. Make sure you have Asian languages installed as well (in Control Panel->Regional Settings).
When you have installed AppLocale, you should download this archive. The archive includes two .reg files. One will add a right-click context menu option (works on Vista as well), that will launch any application with Japanese regional settings with AppLocale. The other will remove the context menu again. So, after you have run the add .reg file, you just right-click an application (or shortcut) and select Locale Japanese, and the application will run with Japanese regional settings. Very useful!
Note: If you're using Windows Vista with UAC enabled, you may have to run a command prompt as an administrator and manually put in the location of apploc.msi to run the game (because the game requires administrative privileges). You can probably also run AppLocale as an administrator and then browse to the game and run it with Japanese regional settings.
Note: On Windows 7 I had to run AppLocale in XP SP3 compability mode to install the game.
If you don't want to use AppLocale and instead want to change your regional settings to Japanese, you can follow this excellent detailed guide for Schoolmate (but most of it applies to any Japanese game).
Instead of doing all that complicated stuff above, all you need to do is go open up the dvd after it is loaded, and run Setup\ILLUSION リアル彼女.msi. Make sure you change the install location.
The installer ILLUSION リアル彼女.msi does everything without the hassle.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 You can download Microsoft AppLocale here: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx
- ↑ An external tutorial: http://robbi-985.homeip.net:8000/sukuurumeito_translate/install/intro.html