|TeatimeGames at Wikia [
all characters are at least 18
ILLUSION FIELD [ ]
This is FAQ (frequently asked questions) about Fulltime's game Virtual Stalker.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties like game crashes please check out the Technical help.
If your question has not been answered in this FAQ feel free to ask in the ILLUSION FIELD Discussion thread.
- What is the FPS performance compared to previous games?
- It is much better than in older games. Getting over 30FPS is very easy even on high settings.
- Language of the game?
- As most of the Japanese games there is no official translation. You can't even buy it from outside of Japan unless someone sends it to you. That said there are fan-made translations which usually translate those games to at least playable level. To get those check 1st post of game thread.
- Is this game censored?
- Yes, Japanese law requires all merchandise to be censored so usually artists just skip those "dangerous" parts altogether and cover it in mosaic. Games officially released outside of Japan are uncensored, but thats very rare. Fans almost never uncensor 2d games but 3d games usually do get uncensored after some amount of time. Check discussion thread for progress.
- How do I get this game?
- It is hard to get a boxed game if you didn't buy things from Japan before. You can look for a dvd image on Google.
- Do I need to do anything special to install it?
- Yes, those games are meant to be released only on Japanese market and require some effort to run on non-Japanese windows. Follow those steps to successfully install Japanese games:
- On XP make sure you have Japanese fonts installed. To do that go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages tab. Make sure both options are checked. Insert Windows CD if asked.
- Install either pApplocale or Microsoft Applocale. pApplocale is preferred, get it here.
- Run installer/game/application with Japanese locale.
- Keep in mind this game requires some special treatment to install, check "Installer throws missing/corrupted file errors" question in technical section below.
- Can I get a tutorial on how to install?
- Here you go. Keep in mind you will have to extract dvd image and get rid of Japanese names for it to work!
- Is there an easy way to get all nessesary mods (translations, uncensor)?
- Yes! Look for a HF Patch in first post of the discussion thread!
- Installer throws missing/corrupted file errors.
- You have to extract your game disc image. You can do this by using 7zip.
- After you extracted those files change name of a folder with Japanese signs to something english and move it to root of your drive (e.g. "d:\lovegear").
- Go into that folder and rename .msi to english as well. After renaming run it to install the game.
- Missing DLL errors (e.g. cv100.dll)
- If you are using HF Patch make sure it's installed to the same folder as the game!
- If you are using English launcher make sure it's in the same folder as the game!
- Check technical help on this wiki, look for a point that tell you to install and update stuff.
- Crash during first H scene / random crashes.
- Update game to latest version (you can do that by getting HF Patch). Reinstall HF Patch if you already have it installed.
- I have some other problem.
- Check the Technical help page on this wiki.